Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blue Poop

I try to be the food police in my house. I have a goal this summer of getting away from all things processed. For now I try to offer as many gluten free, preservative free, dye free foods as I can. A child attending public school makes this task difficult. Although the nation's schools are in an overhaul to fight childhood obesity, the school my son attends thinks it's appropriate to give out gobs and gobs of candy for playing learning games on an almost daily basis. Clearly that's something I have a problem with but the list of things I struggle with in our school system is so long that one will have to wait for now. Back to my point.  I was outside watering the flowers when the door flung open. I looked and could see no face for all I could see was a giant mouth and that squiggly thing that dangles at the back. Epiglottis I think it may be called. I thought, here we go. Tattle tell central. But to my surprise and my neighbors delight I hear, " Mooooommmmmmmmm! Parker just pooped and it's BLUE! Should I call 911?"

At first I was annoyed knowing that it is all the dye from said candy but then I decided to be grateful. Thank you Blue number whatever because thanks to your pointless existence we may have our first evening in weeks that doesn't end on a, " is it too early for boarding school note". I kid-sort of...

No comments:

Post a Comment