Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 18

Today I am thankful for my decision to join the Catholic Church. It has been years in the making. Today was the Rite of Welcoming. Although incredibly uncomfortable for someone of my personality to stand in front of the church, I was at ease. To see Parker going through the process and having our dear friends sponsor us, it was quite a moving experience. Nick was unable to attend; he tried his hardest to get there but sometimes Aspberger's wins. His name was still read in front of the church and I had to hold back tears; my heart ached for him. Although I wish I would have had the courage to make this decision earlier(somewhere in the back of my head I always knew), I am also thankful for the paths of faith exploration I took to get here. So many incredible people were brought into my life and helped me grow with their patience. I had a lot of questions ;-).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment