Saturday, July 30, 2011

Heard

Sometimes I wish I didn't have supersoncic hearing. I can't even blame it on being a Mom. I've always had an annoyingly sharp ability to hear conversations. Today on our way home from a fabulous day at the movies we were rockin' out to Pit Bull (did I mention I'm a stellar Mom) when I overheard the following..."Nick, what does it mean to grab somebody sexy, what's sexy?" Reply, "you know when we watch Scooby-doo, Daphne is sexy. Velma is not. And I think it means you wear that stuff we saw at Target." Nothing like a big brother to explain life.

Two things about that conversation

1. more often than not my children say I'm a Velma

2. I've always been able to sleep guilt free telling myself kids don't really hear the words to songs...I am not, will not, and can not listen to Kidz Bop.

1 comment: