Friday, August 12, 2011

Go Fasters

Today the boys and I headed to a track by our house to break in our new "go Fasters". On the way I made the boys decide how many laps we were going to run. I'm trying to work on their goal setting and follow through. Not mine of course(lie). We decided on 10 laps and hit the dirt. By turn one I was cursing myself for not bringing my iPod to drown out the whining in my head. I mean the boy's complaints. Somewhere around lap 1200 or 5 I heard screaming. I turned assuming I'd see two boys fighting in the gravel...to my surprise I saw two boys jumping and cheering for ME! What?!? I heard, "go Mommy go!" "there's smoke coming off your shoes!" Oh the sweet joy of childhood imagination. Thanks to the dust from the gravel I was for just a moment my boy's hero...for a fleeting moment. Then it was back to, "you're not really going to make us do ALL ten." Oh silly little boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment