Saturday, September 17, 2011

oh the great outdoors

My husband, bless his heart, is a unique breed.  Bob can be somewhat of an obsessive compulsive. Not in the things need to be clean and organized sort of way-definitely not in that way! In the gets absorbed in things sort of way. Fishing, hunting, fishing, running, fishing, camping, fishing...you get my point. Currently he is consumed by camping. The thrill of finding an off the beaten path site, all the amazing new gadgets... This man can read about gear for hours on end. HOURS on end people! For the past two weeks UPS has made almost daily stops at our house with new goodies from Sierra Trading Post and what they didn't deliver he brought home from trips to Cabella's and Gander. Are you seeing what I mean yet? Today was the big day. Camping trip with our two boys plus a friend. They each were required to carry their own belongings to the campsite. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Bob estimated it to be about 1 1/4 miles. So probably closer to 2 miles as he tends to be an under estimator. When the boys put their packs on...well, at some point all three of them fell backwards! It was like the hiking version of that poor kid in the Christmas movie overdressed in the snowsuit. They were flapping on the ground like flipped over bugs! Oh how I would have loved to be able to witness the walk in. I wonder how many times they stopped. How many times my children, especially the youngest swore his legs were not going to be able to take another step. Oh well, this is the stuff great childhood memories are made of and I love my OCD husband for giving my boys and their friend this opportunity, and most importantly, me some peace and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. From what I see on Bob's back pack, I think he packed the house up. Now I know why he can run to many miles fast sans backpack. Next run I'm putting bricks in a pack and making him run with me then. Maybe I'll be able to breathe better. That is too funny, Bobbi. -- Mari

    ReplyDelete