Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Whew, it's just normal

Tonight I thought the stress finally caught up to me. I thought I was like that person in the hot, hot desert dying of thirst and imagining an oasis. Between my body's shock of several days of consistent exercise, no sugar, and what had to be off the charts blood pressure thanks to my Houdini dog I was convinced I was creating magical happy place hallucinations. Then I heard, "MOMMMY! Why are you staring at us all weird looking? Stop it!" It was then I realized what I was seeing was real and it was what most of the world must see on nightly basis...normal! I thought I'd document it so I can refer back to it from time to time when I start to doubt it really happened. Here in lies the inherent difference between myself and Bob. I told him the story and he was all GREAT, Nick must be cured and I'm all, what a fabulous gift tonight was. Sure hope we get another night like this before Spring. We balance each other that way. OH, what was actually going on that startled me so...a big brother helping a younger brother with homework and the younger brother letting go of his resentment towards big brother long enough to accept the help.

1 comment: