Monday, January 3, 2011

Gold Fish Kisses

I know that kids and adults for that matter benefit from a consistent bedtime routine. The problem is, I tend to rebel against routine and I think it may be a genetic trait. I have tried to embrace routines...fly lady, set meal times, quiet times, getting ready for bed...I just simply can not stay in a consistent routine. This is why tonight I find myself giving thanks for the ability to just sit and smile as my 5 year old repeatedly comes up with a "need"  that is preventing him from falling asleep. Sometimes that week old scratch really does need a Scooby-doo band-aid. And sometimes you need Gold Fish Kisses and Gorilla Hugs instead of the usual bath, teeth, book and bed. Because I know before long, I'm going to be sitting on this couch wishing more than anything I could hear the "pad, pad" of little feet coming to tell me, "I think I could fall asleep if Nick didn't push me last Wednesday. You see this mark, it's making it hard to get comfortable on my leg."

No comments:

Post a Comment