Friday, January 7, 2011

It did! It did! It REALLY did!

Elation people, pure elation was the tone of our house this morning. That is until the dreaded question was asked. Once the words left his lips I knew it was going to be a potentially serious situation. Now for those of you not currently residing with a 5 yr old that as previously stated NEEDS winter snow, you may not be able to fathom the metamorphosis that can happen in an instant. I digress. So the question. The 3 words that changed Parker into a raving lunatic.

Parker, "Is school cancelled?"

Me, (living in fear so desperately trying to find my most loving Mommy voice) "No sweetie, it isn't. But Mommy will pile all the driveway snow for you to play in when you get home!"

Parker, (sensing my fear) "THAT'S IT! I KNOW THAT YOU CALLED THE WEATHER MAN AND TOLD HIM TO MAKE ME GO TO SCHOOL FOREVER AND EVER!!!!"

After this it all became a blur and the next thing I know I was sitting in my kitchen with my coffee.

He was still holding a grudge when I picked him up from school but I know he was back to feeling elated when he saw his pile waiting in the driveway!
(ssh, don't tell the neighbor we were stealing snow from their yard!)

2 comments:

  1. I closely relate to those moments with a 5yr. old when our responses as Moms will either make or break a situation. After Hannah had been complaining every morning before getting on the bus that she was sick (even though she didn't have any symptoms). I decided to take her to the doctors this morning. Well after Dr. Amy gave her a clean bill of health and walked out of the room Hannah jumped form the table. She said, "I'm NEVER, EVER going back to school again, it is BORING". Well, needless to say after many tears I dropped her off at school today at 11:30am. (She glared at me the entire way up the road). Oh my goodness..... God give me strength...

    ReplyDelete