Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Witching Hours

I am going to be very honest and say "I REALLY have to work at liking the hours of 4:30-7:30 pm most days of the week in the winter!" I like to call them "the witching hours". I used this same term during both of my boys 3mo-6mo span of life. If you take the general restlessness of outside activity deprived children, sprinkle a dose of a 9yr old with tourette's, add a dash of a 5 yr old master grudge holder, and cover with a winter disliking Mom-well you can use your imagination as to how delightful evenings can be.

 NOW we do take this all in stride and try to make the best of it! This is where it does help to have my routine resistant personality.  Tonight we had the luxury of having Bob join us. He is actually home all week! A VERY rare treat! We made him play hop-scotch twister (there are no words for this), and Sorry sliders. By the end of this, Nick's ear-ache was back in full swing and Parker announced that Nick was NEVER allowed to kiss him as long as they lived and if he did (imagine Harry Potter wand for effect) his lips would be sliced right off! For sure and for certain!

Just don't tell Parker he gave Nick a hug and a kiss when he went up to bed. I guess it was o.k. since he did it!

3 comments:

  1. Stopped in to say HI...very cool blog layout! I left mine hangin' sometime back in April of last year. I shoud really get back on that! I too struggle with routine and sticking to things I start. I think of it of being "flexible"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are so "real" when you blog...makes me feel good about the not so happy moments and struggles we have as mothers. Game time is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know as a Mom, some days can seem thankless and you may wonder if you are doing anything right. I just wanted to tell you, you are doing a phenomenal job with those two boys. Your influence and love will continue to impact their lives even into adulthood. They will know you were a true success as a mother.

    ReplyDelete