Sunday, January 16, 2011

winter sickies

We have been truly fortunate the last few years. The boys have had a cold here and there but we've been ear infection, strep, stomach flu free for a very long time. This year we have not been so lucky. I blame it on the kindergarten year combined with having kept Parker home from pre-school last year. He didn't get a chance to build up his germ resistance and is bringing EVERY germ home this year and kindly sharing it with all of us.

I can be a tad over the top with my boys when they are sick. God help there future wives! I tend not to leave their side. Fuss over them incessantly. Ignore any chores that could or need to be done. Watch movie after movie. Parker has a mini bunk bed from Ikea. Today I've lugged both mattresses down to the den, grabbed some rarely used blankets out of the linen closet and placed a bucket by Nick's side. He asked to go to the basement but I drew the line there. I might need the big t.v. for a Dance Off later! For now though I'll sit, work my way through the morning paper, get him cheerio's and be here to rub his little back when he talks to the bucket. The stomach flu better be the only time he's talking to the bucket!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Nick is feelng better~you are an awesome Mom. Their future wives will have tough shoes to fill, they will always be saying, "Well my Mom did....". :)

    Nice thought on talking to the bucket, we can only hope not, but I know I'm not holding my breath. As my Mom says, Hannah is little Miss payback. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete