Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Take that Mama Nature

Today I decided us King's were going to take matters into our own hands since old Mama Nature simply refuses to cooperate. So out to the garage I went in search of boxes. Luckily, due to my extreme procrastination on taking recyclables, I had a plethora to choose from. Next I went digging through my fabric stash and finally a stop in the craft closet. I lugged all the goodies to "the rug" (this is a rug in our foyer that serves as a meeting point for our family-odd , I know).

 After I picked Parker up from school, I announced we were going to build a snowman. They of course looked at me as if I was crazy. But once I explained they were more than excited to dive in. I had to chew on the inside of my cheek a few times to keep from offering my design opinion and I'm glad I did because they are sooooooo excited about THEIR creation. They named him Snowy.

Parker suggested keeping him beside the fire place then proceeded to laugh so hard that Nick and I could not help but giggle along. He just thought he was so darn clever putting him beside the fireplace! Once he was placed and had been outfitted with their choice of hat and scarf I did a "take that Mama Nature" jig. Complete with some moves I've learned during my intense dancing lessons from Just Dance 2. When my Tony worthy performance was complete Nick said, "Mommy, I don't think you understood the moral of the story of Arachne. You shouldn't brag we made a better snowman with boxes than one out of snow from Mother Nature." Darn Greek mythology. Darn kids that pay attention to the moral of the story.

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome!! You are so creative, you really are the funnest Mom EVER!!! I'm going to steal your idea this week just for fun!! thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete