Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dear Random Citizens

I feel FANTASTIC today after having been knocked out by some wicked virus. To celebrate my exuberant mood I had myself a little car party. On the way to school we jammed to parent approved playlists but on the way home I listened to the the uncensored playlist. Now when I have a car party, I tend to also think I'm magical and have some invisibility cloak around my me. Guess what- it doesn't work. Murphy's law guarantees the day you plan to act like an absolute idiot in your car you will hit EVERY stinkin' red light and cross walk between your travel points.

1st point of humiliation I was having a serious Voice tryout to 'Brass in Pocket' at a red light ...I notice a young gentleman pointing and laughing so hard he may have hit his head on the steering wheel- to him I say, "You are welcome for me starting your day with a sight you can laugh about ALL day".

2nd point of humiliation I was almost home but had to stop for a sweet little lady crossing the street. By this point I had my window down, I mean it's like 70, and unfortunately had my music at a level shamefully inappropriate for someone my age AND it was Eminem. To this lady I say- "I'm very sorry for possibly taking some precious time from your life. I do not want you to 'shake that ass for me'."

 I may have to go to therapy to erase her frightened look from my memory.

Figures the next song on the play list was 'Luckenbach Texas'. Damn Waylon Jennings, where were you when I needed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment