Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gasp!

This weather is so ridiculously fabulous! I'm trying to make sure we take full advantage of it just in case Mother Nature decides to throw us a curve ball before Spring officially takes hold.

Today I surprised the boys at pick up with two things, Taylor and a trip to Devil's Den.

This is HUGE because Devil's Den is my "Mommy GASP" thing. All Mom's have them. It's the thing that makes you go, "GASP, GASP" in quick succession. Some Mom's do it at the play-ground. Some do it when 4-wheelers are around. Heck, some just do it when there kid moves an inch. Being a boys Mom, I've learned to roll with a lot of things. I don't "GASP, GASP" too often. I'm pretty big on natural consequences. But Devil's Den, that's a whole other story. Just the sight of those rocks and my palms start sweating, my heart begins pounding in my chest. I thought today would be different. I had given myself a good pep talk and I had Taylor with me. How bad could this be? I'm cool (although my oldest says that means Constipated Overweight Out of style Loser these days). I'm not sure I even made it a full minute before the shear panic set in. I tried. I really, really tried. I am embarrassed to think of how many "GASP, GASPs" came out of my mouth. Eventually I took refuge in a fetal position against a rock(not really, but I swear I was close to it),  snapped some pictures and counted the minutes until we could leave. They better remember this day!







1 comment:

  1. I'm gasping just looking at those big rocks! Some Mom's do it at the play-ground... Hmmm, wonder who this is -- I claim it, though I'd like to think I'm improving. Where is this place?

    ReplyDelete