Thursday, March 8, 2012

early signs

I'm sure every parent has those moments when something happens causing you to flash forward in your mind and you see your sweet baby doing keg stands at college...no? Well you are lucky because my 6 year old causes me these moments almost daily! I give you today's evidence...

Before school this morning he frantically calls me into the bathroom. I hurry, mind racing, hoping the stomach flu hasn't come back for round three. Nope. No flu. He wanted to show me that his poop looked EXACTLY like the Empire State building.

Leaving school we drive down what I like to call Frat boy row. With our amazing Spring like weather all the boys were out on their front porch. My poor rule following 10 year old said with disgust, "look at them sitting there-they all have lap tops and beer". It was true. It could have been a great Apple commercial because it was a complete row of 8-10 college boys, feet up on the railings and Mac-books on their lap. I just don't know how Apple would feel about the Yuengling bottles in their hands. (college beer has come a long way)

Anyway, my darling 6 year old, mouth gaping, cartoon hearts floating on the outside of his eyes says, " THAT'S COLLEGE"!!!

so you see...flash forward and my sweet, sweet 6 year old is talking about his latest poop art and doing keg stands on a beautiful early Spring day...but seriously, if that image is what gets him excited to go to college, who am I to judge

No comments:

Post a Comment