Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Hunting we will go

Remember how I mentioned OCD in a previous post?

In addition to climbing trees, he is obsessed with Dragons. Yep, that's right, dragons. Both of these current obsessions happen to go hand in hand. Now luckily he was given a Mom who for many of her youthful years happened to believe the mountains around us took their shape from the sleeping dragons that lay beneath them. I know what you are thinking. You are thinking about how incredibly jealous you are that my Dad told me the tallest tales imaginable. What you are not jealous of is my brain that secretly likes to believe all of these things are possible!




When this obsession started to take hold, I was not in such a happy place. I may have even tried to squash the youthful imagination that I hold so dear in my boys. Thank goodness I'm a blabber mouth and told a friend or two of my fun sucking conversation with my son. Once the words were out and hanging in the air, I felt like I was punched in the gut. That's not who I am. I'm the Mom that embraces these quirky behaviors and rolls with it. So to make up for my bad Mommy ways, I read up on these dragons. I held court with my 10 year old I tell ya. He thinks I'm pretty cool. Especially when I said, "sure, let's drive out to Calendonia and go Dragon egg hunting".  Why not? Lord knows my days of being cool are limited with these two. Truth be told I think my days of being cool to my six year old are long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment