Friday, March 18, 2011

The great tease

Today was a lovely, giant-teaser of a spring day. Maybe more like summer. It's been cold and rainy for so long I've forgotten what either feel like! All I know is today was phenomenal and I BEGGED Mr. Responsible Pants to let us all play hooky today and go to the zoo or something but NOOOOOOO. I tried every angle I could think... "Oh it's just Kindergarten." " I can rope a school lesson into it." "You know kids gain more from spending quality family time then sitting in a classroom." "We should take this time and be with the kids, they're growing up so fast and you travel so much." He saw right through every "reason". He full well knew I have Spring fever. I am itching for a road trip. I wanted to shirk my responsibilities for the day. So we compromised. He would quit work in time to pick Parker up from school and go to the closest thing we're getting to a beach until June...Cowan's Gap. This and that rare warm day in Fall is our favorite time to go because there's no one there. We had a fabulous time building sandcastles and racing up and down the sand. The evening ended with a requisite trip to the Milky Way which unfortunately involved ice cream and hot fudge. Grrrrrr, I'm powerless against it. There was also some highly inappropriate conversations involving butts. I feel as though I should find the people sitting on either side of us and apologize! We can't be parents of the year every year. It's all about sharing and giving others the opportunity ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment