Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grow baby, Grow!

This year we are determined to be on the ball with our gardening. We have a tendency to forget to check our plantings and have lost many a vegetable to a pesky bug or an adventurous bunny rabbit. This year our strategy is to only plant a cutting garden in the garden box and we are going to try container gardening on the patio. Our hope is that if we're forced to pass by our veggies we'll do a better job taking care of them. When I was buying the trays to start our seeds indoors I came across a cool kid seed starter kit. I KNOW I could have done it myself but I like that it was all there and ready to go. Tonight the boys started Zinnia's, Sunflowers, and Marigolds. Parker sat beside his for 20 min looking through binoculars. He was convinced he could already see them growing. I love how excited and curious he is about the project. The cups have an insert which is clear so the boys will be able to watch the seeds splitting and growing...stay tuned for the growth report!


No comments:

Post a Comment