Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My "other child"

Do you ever wonder if your husband is also your child?

 I often find myself pondering this thought. I'm fairly certain he pulls the boys aside each week and asks them if there is any "new" rule or any rule in particular I may or may not be harping upon (yes, I can be a bit of a stickler) and then goes out of his way to see how long it will take for me to become frustrated. I know he finds it completely humorous when I'm ranting and raving about running in the kitchen or toys on the stairs or pillows missing from every couch,chair and bed in the house. That last one REALLY drives me crazy. Build your fort-but for the love of all that's holy PLEASE put them back where they belong!!! Anyway, the wonderful part of your husband being your child from another mother is it makes him a stellar Dad. He can build forts, play evil tricks like freezing plastic bugs in ice and placing them just so they come out of the dispenser when I get a drink and he can make explosion noises better than anyone, do a forward roll to avoid being struck by a grenade and wear top secret spy glasses. It allows him to enjoy playing with his boys just as much as they enjoy playing with him...I love my "other child"

1 comment:

  1. O my goodness...I could've written this :)

    And now I feel like a stalker so I will read more later ;)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete