Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!

you learn all kinds of things about your family on a daily basis...today I discovered my husband or third child from another mother and my 9 yr old LOVE April Fools day. and what they love even more is when i am the fool. now i won't go through every cruel trick but i shall share a few of my favorites...

1. 8ish, mommy my belly is really not feeling well today. I'm sorry sweety but you have pottery this morning, do you think you can go? I'll try. so there i sat at pottery thinking how happy i was he was making it through and not complaining. he threw me a few sad looks but no major complaints. we get in the car and he's really working me over at this point. telling me i should drive straight home, oh he hoped we'd make it in time. i didn't know at this point which end he was worrying about. we rush in the door and into the bathroom he flies. now i should tell you he has a ''nervous" stomach and he started a new medicine that has upset stomach as a side effect so I've totally taken the bait at this point. a few minutes go by, I'm pacing, worrying about if he has the flu, is it the medicine and out he comes with crocodile tears and holding a very messy pair of undies in his hand. my heart is breaking and he's blubbering about trying to make it to the potty fast enough. I'm saying, "oh sweetie, no worries, not your fault, here just hand them to mommy, I'll throw them out (i know it's gross but it's a mom thing)." he puppy dog eyes hands them to me and ever so slyly smashes them into my hands. as i hear myself screaming i catch the faintest whiff of chocolate-that little darling smeared Hershey's syrup over his undies!

2. doorbell rings. package sitting on porch. has my husbands name on it and it feels like it weighs 8000 lbs. nick wants me to open it which is a normal reaction of his everytime anything is delivered to our house. he goes downstairs and asks bob who is working from home if we can open it. he comes back and tells me bob said to go ahead and open it because he ordered something for me. I, too stunned to think rationally (like he would have ordered me something) go grab a knife to open the box and find...a package filled with rocks.

3. parker and i got home from a little date and i find the dog not fed, kitchen a disaster and my two other children playing video games. i was let down which they both new i would be but i didn't say anything. as i've said before my hubs loves to push me to my breaking point. so they put on a big scene about having to stop playing video games and i should be happy they're spending time together. a trap that i walk right into. i proceed to say yes, but perhaps they could have been building something or using the punching bag or wrestling...cue the prank. they over zealously agreed and started to wrestle as i started to clean their mess in the kitchen. next thing i know nick is crying and yelling for me. i am fairly irritated by this point and say something along the lines of, this always happens, you want daddy to wrestle but he doesn't play fair because he's a giant child also, bob I've told you a thousand times that when nick says stop you need to stop...blah, blah, blah. then i hear nick say, "i told you i had to pee and you needed to stop tickling me!" now my fuse blows because I'm thinking of the meltdown nick's about to have and how I'll be the one dealing with it. out i go into the room where they are, nick is standing there looking humiliated with wet pants, bob is looking rather defiant and just as i open my mouth to say things which i would probably not be proud of they grin and you guessed it...April Fools

I told them they better be sleeping with one eye open...operation stealth revenge has begun...

1 comment:

  1. hillarious!! all in good fun, Nick is clever, love the chocolate trick!

    ReplyDelete