Monday, April 25, 2011

Catch up

Spring soccer season is in full swing however mother nature has not been cooperative. Almost every practice has been in the rain and the only game Nick's played was in pouring down rain. Parker's was canceled. Nick is number 9(blue jersey). I tried to snap some photos while holding the umbrella and cursing, I mean smiling...


this is also the weekend Bob's parents were in town. They brought their fifth wheel with them so the boys could camp. It wasn't exactly an ideal camping weekend but there was one good day and they made the most of it.

Now when I say made the most of it, I really mean, they tried as hard as they could to make me crack. I must confess I am a tad over protective of my little pumpkins. I have a friend who often says, "safety is not an option". I tend to agree with her. I'm big on helmets, wrist guards. My husband is the opposite and so is his family. Now the irony here is that a Facebook friend days before posted about her husband allowing her son to mow the grass and she felt it was too soon, too dangerous...I totally agreed with her. As I read through the comments, I quickly noticed most others did not. There was one comment in particular that struck me. It was something along the lines that Dad's make our little boys into men. It struck a nerve with me. I worry about the boys getting enough "man" time as they are with me so much more because of Bob's crazy work  schedule. So I kept repeating that post over and over in my head. It became my mantra for the day. I still can't believe I made it through it without snapping. O.k., I may of snapped and declared it was enough but at least I let it happen, and more than just once. If you think I'm looking for praise...you're right.


To keep my little lumberjack's minds off of chopping more wood I suggested some hiking. We were amazed to find a bridge from one of our favorite spots washed away from all the insane rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment