Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day One

I'm calling today Day One for several reasons:

It's the first day Bob and I started to discuss finding a new dog. I know a lot of people may think it's too soon but it's what I need. I am pulling for a New Foundland and he's pulling for a Treeing Walker Coon hound. I also suggested a long haired hot dog dog, but he laughed at me. Stay tuned to see who wins...

It's the first day of getting goodies ready for a certain dudes 6th birthday party! We're going with a monster theme. Cool, funky monsters. Not scary. I'm hoping the weather cooperates and we can have it outside. Honestly, as long as it doesn't rain and is at least 50 degrees- we're having it outside.

It's the first bad day Nick has had in almost a month. And let me tell you he must have been saving up! I'm so hoping it's just an off day. A delayed stress reaction to PSSA's and insomnia perhaps. I just don't want it to be the medicine he just started is not working already. Did I mention I'm a wishful thinker?

And finally, it's the first day that I'm calling out the giant pink polka dotted elephant in the room. Why I always envision the elephant as being pink and polka dotted is beyond me. I'm not a pink kinda girl. Fuchsia perhaps. Anyway, the giant elephant is...my giant backside! I went into winter needing to lose that last 10lbs. I came out of winter with that 10lbs plus an extra 15. Might as well be honest about it. No more trying to pretend it's all a bad dream. So here I am, taking ownership for my stress eating binges. I've been waiting for my friends to look at me like "the girls" did at Samantha in the first Sex in the city movie and ask me how could I not notice. I too just simply started to avoid mirrors. Only on an as needed basis. Oh well, what's done is done and it's about to become undone! Please feel free to offer up words of encouragement and please call me out if you catch me falling off the wagon. If only I could have had Kettle One instead of Oreos's. Too bad society frowns upon stay at home Moms drinking during day. I'm joking of course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment