Monday, April 11, 2011

Jumpin' the gun...

O.k. so we're not really thinking rationally yet here at the King house. We still keep thinking we see Beanie where he's not and I know by this third post about our sorrow you've gotten the point. Add to our grief the intoxicating giddiness of a super warm day and we as a family can not be trusted to make clear and responsible choices.

Nick and I had school out on the back deck. We even let the cats (Sherman and Blackberry) come out for recess. Blackberry lost her recess priviledge though because she kept slinking off the deck and through the fence straight into our neighbors pine trees hoping for a mid afternoon birdie snack. We played a little soccer then we decided to hit the lawn chairs, soak up some vitamin D and read our books. Nick is engrossed with this new series of books about kids role in wars. He's reading WWII stories now. They are all true so that makes him love the books even more. I just started reading "Skipping A Beat". As we were soaking in the rays and words, Bob appeared. He works from home on Mondays and has conference call after conference call. I have no idea how he can stand it. I think he has 5 and they each last an hour-ugh! Anyway, my poor husband is so torn up over Beanie and he was so happy to realize how fantastic it was outside that he declared it to be....TAKE OFF THE POOL COVER DAY! Now I must tell you that last year when we took it off and I saw what the water looked like-I didn't care how much stuff was dumped into that thing, I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to get in after seeing it. But to our surprise, the water was clear. Sure the bottom and sides are a mess but the water did not look suspiciously like pond scum! I asked if he thought we were rushing this whole thing but he simply stated, "seeing the water makes whatever weather is still to come so much more bearable". He is so right. I know Parker agrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment